1. What are the Earth Care Awards (ECAs)?
The ECAs, started in 2008, is a joint initiative of JSW and Times of India group. The awards have been recognising and championing efforts towards climate mitigation and adaptation.
2. Who should apply for the Earth Care Awards (ECAs)?
|Who should apply?
|Category I: Community Based Climate Action
|a. Government body
b. NGOs/ Trust
c. Autonomous/ Apex bodies
d. Community-based organisations
e. Private companies
f. Multilateral agencies
g. Academic institutions
|Category II: Innovation in Climate Action
|Category III: Business Leadership in Climate Action
|a. Private companies
b. Public companies
c. One person companies
|Category IV: Women Leaders in Climate Action
|a. Woman entrepreneur or the organisation she has founded
b. Woman leader or the organisation she is leading
c. Women driving similar projects in an individual capacity or through partnerships
|Category V: Enablers for Urban Centered Climate Change Management
|a. Municipal/ Civic bodies
b. Government bodies
c. NGOs/ Trusts
d. Autonomous/ Apex bodies
|Category VI: Enterprises in the Renewable Energy Space
|a. Mirco-scale organisations
b. Small-scale organisations
c. Medium-scale organisations
d. Large-scale organisations
Please note: The solution/ initiative/ product applied for ECAs should have been implemented/ deployed in the last five years (i.e., between 2018-2023).
3. What are the different categories under the Earth Care Awards?
The 11th Earth Care Awards focuses on six distinct categories, listed below:
- Category I: Community-based climate action
- Category II: Innovation in Climate Action
- Category III: Business leadership in Climate Action
- Category IV: Women Leaders in Climate Action
- Category V: Enablers for Urban-centred Climate Change Management
- Category VI: Enterprises in Renewable Energy Space
To know more about the categories, click here
4. Why apply for the awards?
Earth Care Awards (ECAs) provides an unparalleled opportunity to be recognised for your efforts towards climate mitigation and adaptation. The awards celebrate and reward individuals, organisations, and communities that have made significant contributions in the field of climate action. It not only provides recognition but also offers a platform for sharing best practices and enabling knowledge exchange among change makers.
5. How can I apply?
To apply for the awards, you will need to create a username and password. Click here to create the login credentials.
Once you have created your log-in credentials, you will be able to apply for the awards.
6. What could be done if I am facing difficulties while filling out the form on the website?
7. Can I submit my application offline?
8. What is the process of selecting the awardees?
The applications will undergo a preliminary shortlisting based on the initial form. The shortlisted applicants will then be required to submit additional information about their entries through a separate form, based on which the applications will be further shortlisted for the screening committee.
The entries selected by the screening committee will then undergo verification and the applicants will be subsequently invited to present their solution/ initiative/ product before the jury panel.
The jury panel will finally evaluate the entries based on predefined criteria and select winners for each category.
9. How do I know if my application has been submitted successfully?
A confirmation email will be sent upon successful submission of your application.
10. When will I know if my solution/ initiative/ product has been chosen as the winner?
The jury panel will select the winners by mid-November 2023. The applicants will be informed about the next activities thereafter.
11. When will the applications for the Earth Care Awards open?
The call for applications for the ECAs will open on 22nd April 2023. The applicants are requested to complete their applications by 30th June 2023.
12. Who are the jury members?
The jury comprises of renowned leaders in the field of climate action and sustainability. The jury, led by eminent scientist Dr. R. A. Mashelkar, comprises of public policy professional Dr Arunabha Ghosh, Shloka Nath who heads Sustainability and Policy & Advocacy portfolios at Tata Trusts and Rajat Gupta who leads the Sustainability Practice at McKinsey & Company and Dr Vibha Dhawan the Director General of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)
13. Can I reapply in 2023, if I had already applied in previous years?
Yes, the applicants who have applied for the ECAs in the past can reapply for the ECAs in 2023.
Please note, the solutions/ initiatives/ products which won the ECAs in 2018, 2019, and 2021 cannot apply for the ECAs in 2023. However, the winning applicant can apply with any other solutions/ initiatives/ products.
14. Can I apply under more than one category?
Yes, the applicants can apply for more than one category. However, the applicants will have to submit separate forms for each category that they have chosen.
15. Are the awards only applicable for organisations/ individuals/ communities from Indian origin?
No, applicants from any South Asian country can apply for the 11th Earth Care Awards.