--- ELIGIBILITY ---
CATEGORY: COMMUNITY BASED MITIGATION AND ADAPTATION IN WATER RESOURCES, AGRICULTURE, FORESTRY, OTHER LAND USE, ANIMAL HUSBANDRY AND CLIMATE RISK PROOFING
- Government departments, Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs), Community based Organizations (CBOs), Local Community Groups (Joint Forest Management groups, Water Users Associations; Organizations or parts of organizations (self-accounting profit
centres) in the private and public sector supported by multilateral/bilateral agencies.
- The project/activity reported should have been conceptualized and implemented during the period from April 2008 to March 2017 with proven and verifiable results.
- The operations of the applicant must be carried out independently; project objectives, benefits, responsibilities, authorities, results, etc. should be clearly defined. This must be clearly documented, for example, in the project proposal, project report and publication
andannual report, organization plan or its equivalent.
Category: Innovation for Climate Protection
- Companies, Businesses, Government agencies, Academic institutions, Community groups, and Individual researchers who have innovated products/services which are climate efficient in terms of conservation of natural resources, switching to alternatives, reducing energy consumption and reducing release of GHGs.
- Innovation should have been conceptualized and implemented during the period post 2011 with proven results.
Category: Leadership in Urban Climate Action
- The project/activity reported should have been conceptualized and implemented during the period from April 2009 to March 2017 with proven and verifiable results.
- Initiatives on urban governance, development planning, sustain ability and practical action by the local government, industry, academia, institutions, and community based organizations and other stakeholders.
- Project areas – Energy Efficient Infrastructure / Urban Mobility / Transportation / Waste Management / Urban Water / Community engagement and adaptation initiative / Climate risk proofing / Disaster risk reduction / Clean and affordable energy / Regional or distant ecological impact reduction.
- The category encourages innovative solutions and practices designed through policies, strategies and implementation based approaches reflecting excellence in urban sustain ability and climate change with a widespread benefit.
- Only completed projects are eligible to apply. Projects being implemented in phased manner, must reflect completion of at least one phase providing clear indication on verifiable targets and achievements.
Category: GHG mitigation in Large Enterprises
- Project should have been conceptualized and implemented during the period from April 2013 to March 2017 with proven results.
- Energy efficiency improvement initiatives supported with verifiable indicators with respect to sectoral benchmarks.
- Achieved emission reduction (direct & indirect), going beyond the basic compliance requirements.
- Moving beyond CDM wherein CDM initiatives will be considered only a part of the evaluation and additional initiatives which go beyond the CDM framework viz.; the industry’s efforts to significantly reduce the ‘carbon footprints’ across value chain through interventions beyond those considered for CDM.