DR. R.A. MASHELKAR, F.R.S.
President, Global Research Alliance
Dr. R.A. Mashelkar, National Research Professor, is presently also the President of Global Research Alliance, a network of publicly funded R&D institutes from Asia-Pacific, Europe and USA with over 60,000 scientists. Dr. Mashelkar served as the Director General of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), with forty laboratories and about 20,000 employees for over eleven years. He was also the President of Indian National Science Academy.
Dr. Mashelkar has been on the Board of Directors of several reputed companies such as Reliance Industries Ltd., Tata Motors Ltd., Hindustan Unilever Ltd., Thermax Ltd., Piramal Enterprises Ltd., KPIT Technologies Ltd. etc. Deeply connected with the innovation movement in India, Dr. Mashelkar is currently the Chairman of India’s National Innovation Foundation, Reliance Innovation Council, Thermax Innovation Council, KPIT Cummins Innovation Council and Marico Innovation Foundation.
Dr. Mashelkar is only the third Indian engineer to have been elected (1998) as Fellow of Royal Society (FRS), London in the twentieth century. He was elected Foreign Associate of National Academy of Science (USA) in 2005, Associate Foreign Member, American Academy of Arts & Sciences (2011); Foreign Fellow of US
MR. KARTIKEYA V. SARABHAI
Founder Director, Centre for Environment Education
Kartikeya V. Sarabhai is the Founder Director of Centre for Environment Education. He is a member of the United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (UN DESD) Reference Group of UNESCO. He has long been associated with IUCN, and was the chair of South and South East Asia IUCN Commission on Education and Communication and is currently the vice-chair of the Indian National Commission of IUCN. He is a member of the Earth Charter International Council.
He was a member of the Indian delegation to United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED) at Rio in 1992 and World Summit on Sustainable Development (WSSD) at Johannesburg in 2002 and was the co-author of India’s report for UNCED. He has been closely associated with communication initiatives of
Under the leadership of Mr. Sarabhai, CEE organized the first International Conference of the Decade of Education for Sustainable Development in January 2005. He has served on several committees of Ministry of Environment and Forest and Ministry of Human Resource and Development of the Government of India. This includes a committee for greening India’s formal education system and initiatives for biodiversity education. He received the Tree of Learning Award from The World Conservation Union in 1998 in appreciation of his contributions to the field of environmental education and communication. In 2005, The Indian Institute of Human Rights presented Mr. Sarabhai with the World Human Rights Promotion Award.
MR. RAJENDRA SHENDE
Chairperson – TERRE
Mr. Rajendra Shende is a Chemical Engineer graduate from the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology. After
He is a policy advisor to the developing countries and countries with economies in transition in implementing the Montreal Protocol. He is
Author of numerous published policy papers, Mr. Shende has given various presentations for the public as well as for the Universities like MIT-USA, Swiss Technical Institute
MS. ANEETA BENNINGER
Executive Director at CDSA
Aneeta Beninger is Professor of Sustainable Development Planning and Exec. Director, of Centre for Development Studies and Activities, Pune. She is also Founder Trustee & Member Secretary of CDSA Trust.
MR. RAJAT GUPTA
Director, McKinsey and Company
Rajat Gupta is a Director at McKinsey & Company’s Mumbai office. Since joining McKinsey in 1992, he has served clients in India, China, the US, Europe and in Africa. In recent years, Rajat has worked with several large industrial companies on transformation programmes spanning operational improvement,
Rajat currently leads McKinsey’s Energy & Materials (GEM) Practice in Asia. Rajat is particularly interested in sustainability, particularly for carbon space and water. He has co-authored the recently released report “Environmental and Energy Sustainability: An Approach for India”. He has served clients on their low-carbon transformation efforts, including clean-technology growth and energy efficiency. He has also served government clients on developing long term water strategy. In addition, he co-leads McKinsey’s internal carbon abatement initiative.
Rajat graduated from the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta in 1992 where he was awarded the Director’s gold medal for securing the first position. He holds an engineering degree (in computer science) from the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani, India and was awarded the Director’s gold medal at BITS for securing the first position at the institute.
MR. CHANDRA BHUSHAN
CEO, International Forum for Environment, Sustainability & Technology (iFOREST)
A noted environmentalist, Chandra Bhushan has distinguished himself as a researcher, writer and campaigner for environmentally sound and socially inclusive development.
Bhushan has wide-ranging research and public policy interests. He has researched, written and campaigned for issues ranging from climate change and energy transformation to rights of mining-affected people and industrial pollution. He was conferred with the Ozone Award by the UN Environment in 2017.
He is presently the CEO of the International Forum for Environment, Sustainability & Technology (iFOREST), an independent non-profit environmental research and advocacy organisation based in New Delhi.
DR. SUHAS WANI
Director, ICRISAT Development Centre
Suhas P. Wani, Research Program Director – Asia and Director, ICRISAT Development Center (IDC) at International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), Patancheru, India. His area of specialization is scaling-up science-based interventions to benefit millions of farmers in Asia and Africa particularly in the area of sustainable agriculture for improving rural livelihoods. His expertise spans thru integrated watershed management and water use efficiency (Green, blue and grey) in field to catchment scale, wasteland development, wastewater management, biodiesel plantation, integrated nutrient management and carbon sequestration for the conservation of natural resources and their sustainable use for improving livelihoods of farmers. Livelihoods improvement for small farm holders is the main thrust of his research for development (R4D). Dr. Wani has organized number of national and international meetings and co-ordinating number of multi-disciplinary,
Dr. Wani is a University Gold Medallist and has served as an expert on several national and international fora such as Working Group on Minor Irrigation and Watershed Management for the Twelfth Five-Year Plan; as a member of Expert Committee for technical evaluation for “National Initiative on Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA), member of the Programme Advisory Committee for Natural Resource Management and Climate Change in MS Swaminathan Research Foundation, Chennai, India and Honorary Trustee of S.M. Sehgal Foundation (SMSF) and the Institute of Rural Research and Development (IRRAD) and organizing committee member. He has served as Sustainable Agriculture Advisory Board (SAAB) Member of Unilever.
Dr. Wani has received National Groundwater Augmentation Award at National level from Ministry of Water Resources; Gold medal from Government of Vietnam for the improvement of agriculture and rural development in Vietnam, Fellowship from Yunnan Academy of Agricultural Sciences (YAAS), Kunming, China; Doreen Mashler Award; Best Team Award, Best ICAR Award and Outstanding scientific article award. Recently in the year 2015, he received Krishi Sanman Award by ABP Majha, Abhinav – Innovative Practices in IWMP” by Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India and Asian CSR Leadership Award for the year 2015 and 3rd CSR Impact award in Livelihood category for ‘ICRISAT – JSW Energy’s project – ICRISAT-JSW @ Bellary : Improving Rural Livelihoods through Integrated Watershed Management
In his credit, 551 research papers published in national and international journals, books and conference proceedings
DR. AJAY MATHUR
Director General of TERI
- Director General of TERI (The Energy & Resources Institute)
- Member of PM’s Council on Climate Change.
- DG of Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), GoI (2006-2016)
Architectof star labellingprogramme for appliances, Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC), & Perform, Achieve & Trade (PAT) programme for energy-intensive sectors of industry.
- President of Suzlon Energy Ltd.
- Head of interim Secretariat of the Green Climate Fund.
- Head of Climate Change Team of World Bank in Washington DC.
- TERI from 1986 to 2000
- Key Indian climate-change negotiator; Indian spokesperson at 2015 climate negotiations at Paris.
Globalleader on technological approaches to address climate change.
- Currently part of
globalgroup of industrial, financial and think-tank leaders to co-chair an Energy Transitions Commission.
MR. RAVI SINGH
Secretary General& CEO of WWF-India since 2003.
- General Manager & Head, MNCs, Deutsche Bank, Mumbai.
- Deutsche Bank: 1985-2003.
- Chartered Bank (now Standard Chartered Bank): 1976-1985.
- Lecturer in Bhagat Singh College, Delhi University.
- MA in History from St. Stephen’s College, Delhi in 1975.
- Keen interest in the conservation of nature and working for India.
- Involved in
conservation relatedissues since 1976.
- Member of several conservation organizations, which included WWF and the BNHS.
- As the head of WWF-India, the country’s largest conservation organization, Mr. Singh participates in national fora covering biodiversity and aspects of reducing human footprint.
MS. SEEMA ARORA
Dy. Director General, CII
- Dy. Director General, CII & Head of CII-ITC Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Development.
- Led the creation of pioneering services in CII on Environment Management & Sustainable Development.
- Design of innovative products and frameworks to build thebusiness case for industry to invest in sustainability.
- Network with industry, government and community-based
organisationsto develop policy instruments and innovative voluntary approaches to sustainable development.
- Expert in environmental policy, management systems, corporate sustainability, institutional strengthening & capacity building.
- Member of Stakeholder Council of Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), World Economic Forum Global Agenda Council on Governance for Sustainability, external review panel for Sustainability Reporting for several global companies, & Polaris Committee of Family Business Network International.
DR. RAKESH KR. SINGH
Director of National Environmental Engineering Research Institute
- Director of National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (CSIR-NEERI) since 2016.
- Head of Mumbai Zonal Laboratory, CSIR-NEERI.
- Ph.D. – Envtl. Engg. (RTM Nagpur University); M. Tech. – Envtl. Sc. & Engg. (IIT-Bombay)
- Air pollution control & management, urban air quality monitoring, emission inventory & modeling, EIA, environmental audit, climate change
- Developed technologies for reuse & recycle
- Commonwealth Commission Award, UK (1994); Environmental Leadership Award by US Asia Environmental Partnership & USAID (2005); Award for
largestnumber of technology transfer for low costwaste water treatment (2012); Hiyoshi Think of Ecology Award (2015) for use of ecology in solving environmental engg. problems.
- 10 patents on pollution control devices, includes 2 international; >83 papers in national / international journals; 92 papers in national / international conferences.